The Courtauld libraries are open to external visitors by appointment only.
The Courtauld libraries are open to external visitors . Bookings must be made at least a week in advance (the calendar only shows available appointments from onwards of one week’s time). Please do not travel to The Courtauld if you wish to see exhibition catalogues, journals, sales catalogues, special collections or thesis until a member of Libraries staff confirms they are available
SCONUL Membership is also available.
Booking an appointment
You can book an appointment via our
1. Choose the session that suits you
Each session lasts one hour and 45 minutes
2. Share your details
We will only use your email address to confirm your booking and for visiting arrangements
3. Tell us as much as you can about the material you would like to see
You will be able to browse the shelves at Vernon Square but we will need to recall theses and some exhibition catalogues from our off-site store. These can take 5-6 working days to arrive on-site.
4. Check your email for confirmation of your booking
We will send you a booking confirmation email and an automatic reminder the day before your booking.Ìý
5. Follow these instructions when you arrive
You can arrive any time during your appointment but we will ask you to leave at the end of your booking so we can prepare the spaces for others.
If you need assistance, please contact us.Ìý
SCONUL Access 51²è¹Ý¶ùors
The Courtauld Libraries participates in the SCONUL Access scheme under â€˜Band A onlyâ€™. This means that visitors wishing to access the Courtauld Libraries under the scheme, which offers members borrowing entitlements, must be either PhD/research students or staff from other institutions.
is a two step process:
- Firstly, joining the scheme online and waiting for confirmation from your home institution;
- Secondly, checking the visitor opening hours etc. of the Library that you want to visit and then booking your visit.
Travelling to the Libraries
Please seeÌýourÌýGetting Here page for details of travel to Vernon Square.